About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Saturday, August 1, 2020

A New Project

A little over a week ago I got several new Instagram followers. But one of them runs a website with witchy information. I decided to follow him back. Earlier this week, he posted that his team was lookong for writers. I felt really good about the opportunity and applied to become a writer. After the interview, I was challenged to write 5,000 words on any witchy topic of my choice. I figured this was something I could accomplish. So I decided to start writing about the phases of the moon and how to schedule magickal workings. A book club I'm in is reading a book on this very subject. So I thought it would be good as the information is fresh in my mind.

I got between 300 and 500 words and then began experiencing an unknown (at this time) ailment. So I've put writing on the back burner. Last night I went back to it and realized that I just wasn't feeling the topic.  I changed my topic to methods of divination. Within one hour, I had over 1,000 words and I have plenty more to say.

Today, I decided to ask the cards if I should pursue the writing gig. The answer is pictured above. Basically they are saying that I should work my craft, stand in my power, and go for it!

I'm a bit nervous that I will have gone through the ups and downs of writing and will be turned down. I won't be heart broken to not have this extra work. But, my ego will be let down by the rejection. This is something that I am still working on within myself.

Thank you for reading what I write - Gypsy Cat

2 comments:

  1. I say go for it! The worst they can say is no. I think you’d be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the confidence! Since I posted this, my life got very hectic and their website crashed. For now I will just keep writing blog posts. Plus I was finding it difficult to write an "audition piece".

    ReplyDelete