About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Meditation Insights

I wanted to share some tips and things I figured out about meditation. So if you are new to meditation and want to give it a try, but don't know how to start. Or if you are a seasoned meditator, maybe some of these insights will help you.

I did not consider mediation until I began having experiences that led me to believe I had some psychic ability. Starting out, I did not know what to do. I thought if I just played Zen/relaxing music and lie in bed quietly, it would all just come to me. Not so much. I would either fall asleep or my mind would be thinking of a million things or I would just get plain bored.

As I branched out and met others with similar interests I became exposed to the idea of guided meditations. Intuitively, I first looked to YouTube to find guided meditation. What a treasure trove! There are meditations to help balance and open up chakras, to meet spirit guides, to access the Akashic records and see past lives, etc. In utilizing guided meditations, I have been able to meet 6 spirit guides and determine which archangel I am to work with. Check it out sometime. Like with anything, not all of the guided meditations will resonate with you. There were definitely some that I did not resonate with.

Meditation tips:
  1. Set the mood - light some candles and/or burn some incense that you like, turn out the lights and sit in a comfortable chair or lie down in bed.
  2. Ensure that you will not be disturbed - from personal experience, there is nothing more infuriating than being in a crucial point in a meditation and having your kid or husband talking to you.
  3. Try using earbuds to listen to the meditation - I find that earbuds help to drown out background noise and I am more focused.
  4. It is OK to fall asleep - I was told once that if I fall asleep I am doing it right. This is because meditation is supposed to relax you and falling asleep is the ultimate indicator that you are relaxed. The disappointing part of falling asleep during a guided meditation is that you miss out consciously on the message(s) you may receive. But the best part is that you can always meditate again another time!
No matter now you meditate, it is very important and will rejuvenate you as well as give you guidance and/or insights to questions on which you have been pondering.

I hope you enjoy your meditation experiences and thank you for taking the time to read this - Gypsy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment