About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Friday, May 1, 2020

The Moon

The other day I was writing my work schedule on my wall calendar. (I do this in case my husband wonders when I'm working.) As I was doing so, I noticed that the full moon would occur again in a couple of weeks. I grumbled since we just experienced the new moon and for 2 nights no one in my household got any decent sleep.

For a few years I have noticed a correlation between the nights that I suffer insomnia and a full or new moon. Normally, I have sleepless nights for all 3 nights (the night before, the night of, and the night after) of the particular time on the lunar cycle. When I first connected the dots, I thought of different possibilities like is the light from the full moon shining into my room at night? It doesn't, but that wouldn't explain why I am awake during the nights of the new moon.

For a while, I just thought it sounded cool to blame my insomnia on the "damned full or new moon". Then I realized that if it was possible for the full moon to bring out the crazies or to induce crazy, busy nights at hospitals (totally true from personal experience), then the energy must be affecting my sleep cycle.

Recently, I read an article about this very subject. This article mentioned that if the moon phases affect your sleep, then you are intuitive. I have spent the last 5 days trying to find this article so that I may share it with you. Unfortunately, I was u successful. So if and when I cross paths with it again I will share it.

Thank you for patiently reading my rantings. 😊 - Gypsy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment