About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

This is "The Lady" card from the Druid Craft tarot deck. It is equivalent to "The Empress".

So here it is Mother's day. I have been celebrating it as a mother for 5 years now. I have not celebrated with my own mother in 9 years as she is in spirit now. Today I have to work so I did not get to sleep in. In fact, I was not even allowed to sleep until my alarm went off as my daughter woke me up because she was hungry. So as a mom, I got up and made breakfast, which I do 99% of all mornings. The "breakfast in bed" fantasy did not happen this year. However, I got to spend time with my family longer than I normally do before work and my daughter made me a card and a bookmark.

This may seem like a random post. But it comes in a time where I feel I am truly listening to my intuition or inner guidance. With a pandemic underway and everything filled with uncertainty, I had to make a very difficult decision between keeping my family safe or letting my daughter attend dance class in person. Even though the teacher has plans for safety measures, the more I thought about my daughter attending class and participating in a recital (scheduled for the end of June) the more I felt anxious and I had knots in my stomach. I took this as a sign from a higher guidance that I should not send my daughter to dance class. It was such a strong feeling! I find that I am paying attention to my intuition, or gut feeling, more and more lately.

I hope that all mothers reading this post felt as special and wonderful as you are!

Thank you for reading my ramblings - Gypsy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment