About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

To Be or Not To Be. . . A Meduim

A few months after my mother's death, my sister and I toyed with the idea of seeing a medium. If I remember correctly, both of us received names of different mediums, in the area, from different acquaintances. We ended up having sessions with 2 mediums. The first one gave accurate information most of the time. There were so many spirit people wanting to connect that we didn't know who some of them were. She even provided validating messages for our Aunt. It was a great experience!

The second medium we saw twice. The first time he couldn't get anything and had us reschedule. The second time, it seemed like he was connecting and providing information. But then, all of a sudden, he apologized and told us he couldn't get anything. He did not reschedule and would not accept any money.

Our first medium experience really left an impression on me. It wasn't until I had my experiences with spirit communication, which I wrote about in earlier posts, that I started thinking about becoming a medium myself. I would love to bring comfort to the grieving. Like the first medium was able to do for my sister and me.

Of course this is no surprise to me. I have an innate need and talent for helping others. Hence, why I am currently a nurse. I have been told several times that I am a white light healer. I have also been told that I am on this Earth plane not for my karmic purposes, but to help others. This makes sense to me, because I always find myself wanting to help EVERYONE. I am getting better about not offering help when it would be self-destructive. Case and point: there are several exes out there who owe me substantial amounts of money. 

So to fulfill my desire to relay messages from deceased loved ones, I have engaged with a psychic mentor and taken Metaphysical and Spirit Communication classes. I am also reading any books that resonate with me on the subject. I am meditating a lot more. Heck, I've even started this blog to become more comfortable with divination and to get myself out there.

Now I just need the practice. Normally, I would just reach out to my friends and do readings for them. Actually, I could still do that. Just because there is a pandemic and I am one of those paranoid people that is avoiding unnecessary social settings, does not mean I could not provide readings via video chat software or email. The issue with doing that is I don't have many friends that know about this side of me. (Ok so I am an introverted empath with social anxiety and really don't have many close friends period.)

I guess I need to bite the bullet and offer readings on my Instagram feed and Facebook page. I have been hesitant to do this, because I am afraid with working full time and being a mother and wife that I would not have time to provide readings in a timely manner. How will I know whether time is a problem, if I do not try?

I just provided a solution to my own problem. LOL I have always been good at giving advice. I have often been told that I am "wise beyond my years". So that has me wondering if I have been channeling the advice for years now and not been aware of it. . . Interesting.

Thank you for reading my ramblings - Gypsy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment