About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Friday, May 15, 2020

My First Smudging


I have been fascinated by the paranormal for over 30 years. In that time, I have read several books, seen hundreds of television shows, and taken a few classes on the subject of spirit, ghosts, and energy. Through all of this information, one thing I have learned is to rid yourself of negative energy, you smudge yourself and your home. Well in all of these years, I have not done so yet as I have not felt the need. My home has a wonderful energetic barrier set in place by the wards that my husband put up. (He insists on certain terms in order for spirits to enter our home and take advantage of his services.) Also, I have never really liked the smell of burning sage. Two years ago, a friend gave me a smudge stick that consisted of sage and lavender as a gift. I had not tried burning it because I wanted a seashell and feather to ritualistically do it properly. So for my birthday last year, I asked my sister for a smudge kit and she gave it to me 😊

Recently, I have noticed a pattern with my daughter in particular, but really with both kids. They complain of having bad dreams. Like I said I noticed it more with my daughter. Every morning we ask our kids how they slept. My son usually just says, "good" (he's 3). But my 5 year-old, will say either good or bad and then proceed to tell us how many good or bad dreams she had. Her most common response is, "I had 5 bad dreams". My husband has tried explaining to her to face her bad dreams and they will go away. However, I have not seen that this has worked yet. So the other day, I remembered that I had a smudge kit and, more importantly, a smudge stick with lavender in it (lavender is my favorite scent). I pulled out all of the items and read the literature that came with the lavender/sage smudge stick. It said that this particular stick was good for removing bad dreams. It even came with an amethyst stone to place under your pillow to aide it having good dreams. Well I have always been drawn to amethyst as it is my favorite color, purple, and have lots of little stones. So I placed one of my smaller stones under her pillow and lit the lavender/sage stick. I came up with a litany to say and waving the feather to dispurse the smoke throughout her room, chanted and ensured to get smoke in every corner of both children's rooms.

The next morning, I asked my daughter how she slept. I was expecting to hear that she had the best dreams. No such luck. She, again, informed me that she had bad dreams. As I usually do, I asked her what they were about and tried to comfort her. So later that evening, I tried smudging their rooms again. Only this time, I asked my daughter to help me. I instructed her to say the chants with me and we both went around both rooms chanting as I waved the smoke in all of the corners with the feather. 

The next morning, again, I asked my daughter how she slept. I finally got the response I was hoping for!!! She informed me that she "did not have any bad dreams!" I figured it out! She needed to set the intention to remove her bad dreams! So when she starts complaining about bad dreams again, we will get the smudge kit out and chant together.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am glad the smudge stick worked out so well for both of you. The lavender probably helped with the sage smell. My husband hates the sage smell too.

    ReplyDelete