About Me

My photo
I'm rediscovering who I am and what I am passionate about.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wands Vs. Swords


Am I the only one who gets the suits of wands and swords confused?

I think I am finally starting to remember that wands are associated with the element of fire and that swords are associated with air. For the longest time, I wanted to associate swords with fire and wands with air. This is probably because you wave wands in the air. Of course now that I have the Aracanum deck, it is fairly obvious which suit represents which element.

Now that I have that worked out in my mind, I have a hard time figuring out the aspects of each suit. I know that swords being associated with air represent anything relating to thoughts. However, I am still having a hard time figuring out what wands represent. Since they are associated with fire, do they represent passion? (One moment while I consult my many tarot meanings books. LOL)

So, yes wands represent passion. They will address topics/endeavors that you are passionate about and should pursue. They can also symbolize the kind of passion connected to sexuality. (I had a hard time deciphering an answer that I liked from my many sources. So some of this answer is channeled from my spirit guides.)

I am open to considerate/polite suggestions if my interpretations do not align with yours.


Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings - Gypsy Cat

2 comments: